Sometimes a patron won’t be able to use their tickets or season passes and will want the money they have paid to be a donation, instead. Here is how to do that.
- Go to Sales | Sales Records | Search by: (you can search by sale number, customer name, etc.).
- When you find the sale record and open it, go to the Tickets tab and make a note of the price category at which the tickets were originally sold.
- Click Add or change seats for this sale.
- Choose Return seats and click OK.
- Return the seats.
- The Payment record window will appear.
- Change the Payment type to Donation (Donation MUST be set up as a payment type in File | Payment types first.
- Click Add payment record.
- The Sales record has now returned the original payment and added it as a donation instead.