NOTE: The system administrator needs to give each clerk permissions to scan tickets by going to Tools | Passwords | Edit the list of users | Permissions | check Sales – Scan bar coded tickets and validate.
Scantix makes bar code scanning a snap.
- Touch the Scantix icon to open the app.
- The Center Stage Software screen appears.
- Next comes the log in screen.
- Note the version number on the bottom left. Scantix will automatically update your app when there are improvements and changes.
- Once you’ve logged in, the Today’s Events window appears.
- Touch the event for the ticket you wish to scan.
- Notice the options on this screen. You can check guests in or out, or look at the sales record data by touching Ticket Info.
Check someone in:
- Aim the camera at the bar code.
- Once the bar code has been scanned, you will see a screen similar to the one below. The bar code number is displayed and you are ready to scan more tickets.
- If the ticket has already been scanned, you will receive an error message: “Ticket has already been scanned.”
- If the ticket has not been scanned, but is for a different performance, you will receive an error message “Ticket is not valid for this performance.”
How to scan someone out:
- At the main screen, touch Check out in the middle bottom.
- Scan the bar code. This window will appear.
How to get information about tickets already scanned:
- If you need to retrieve information about the customer, purchase date, or seat assignments for a scanned ticket, go to the main scanning screen but this time, touch the Ticket Info button at the bottom of the screen.
- Rescan the scanned ticket. You will bring up the sales information for that ticket.