It’s a good idea to be able to tell which clerk edited a sale. To be able to change the clerk, though, you need to have two things.
- You must require passwords in Wintix.
- Each clerk must have a password and have permissions to change the clerk field.
- In the example below, you can’t change the clerk.
- First, go to File | Initialization | Options 1 tab.
- Check the Require passwords box and click Save settings.
- Next, go to Tools | Password | Edit the list of users.
- The person designated as sysadm needs to highlight the user and click the Permissions button.
- Check the permission Admin – edit the clerk while editing a sale.
- Now the sales record has a drop down menu in the Clerk field so you can change it.