Are you using Windows 10? You need to replace your USB 2.0 cable with a USB 3.0 cable.
One of our customers, Nanci Romaine of the Coral Lakes Association in Boynton Beach, Florida, reported that their Boca PCL 24/44 300 DPI printer was ejecting two blank tickets at the end of each print job.
- When the printer was first plugged into a new Windows 10 OS, a Windows error message popped up: “You’re using a USB 2.0 cable, but the port is USB 3.0.”
- The printer would print tickets, but began ejecting two blank tickets at the end of each print job.
- Also, there were intermittent blobs of black on some tickets.
- Some tickets printed with just a bunch of garbled text, as well.
- When the USB 2.0 cable was replaced with a new USB 3.0 cable, all printing issues were resolved.
Our thanks to Nanci for discovering this simple solution!