- Do you have separate initialization settings in Wintix for each computer?
- If your computers have an environment variable for Wintix, then that could be why you’re seeing a different Wintix background on one computer that is different from another computer.
- The background image is part of the initialization settings.
- If your workstations/computers have a unique environment variable, then that would be the reason one user is seeing a different background than another user.
- You can check to see if a particular workstation has a unique environment variable by going to File | Environment.
- Look at the right side of the Environment found on this computer window, under the heading Wintixini variable.
- If that field is blank, that computer does not have a unique set of initialization settings.
- If that field contains data (as seen in the screen shot below – peggyini), then the computer does have its own unique set of initialization settings.
- The background screen image is part of the initialization settings, so a computer with its own unique initialization settings could see a different background than another Wintix workstation.
Want to learn how to change the background? Click here.