Click the test button:
- If the last sentence begins with ‘Access denied’…it’s a problem with the connection string.
- If the last sentence begins with ‘Cannot connect to server’…it’s a problem with the port firewall/security
Is Webtix working? If the answer is yes, then we know by deduction that the both the Webtix and database servers are working.
Your own connection to the remote server is the next thing to check. You do that with the telnet command. This is available on all computers. If you do not have it, go to TechNet at Microsoft.com for the instructions to install/enable it.
- In your Start menu, type telnet.
- Click on the Telnet icon listed in your search results.
- You should now have a Telnet command window open.
- Run this command:
open data5.centerstageticketing.com 3306
This is the result you should get: