- You can watch an instructional video on how to make a regular sale here.
- Go to Sales | Regular sale. The Selling a ticket window appears:
*Note the four tabs across the top of the window. These tabs indicate the steps used to complete a regular sale: Select the show, Select the seats, Payment, and Sale Summary.
The list box on the left indicates all shows that are available for sale.
- Click on each show. As you select a show, the individual performances for the show appear in the list box on the right. Click on a performance to select it for sale, then click the Select the seats tab to view the seating chart for that performance. If it is general admission, you will be able to select the number of tickets.
TIP: You can go directly to the seating chart of a performance by double-clicking on the performance. Select the show, and double-click on the desired performance. The seating chart for this performance appears.
Wintix 6 also features a seating chart preview. Click on the Chart button to quickly see the availability for a performance.
NOTE: If the seating chart preview does not display correctly, go to File | Initialization | Chart options and uncheck the box that reads: Display chart preview double width.
Selling Seats from a Chart
Our imaginary customer wants two seats in left section towards the front on the center aisle. So, you make the decision that they will want row C.
Tip: To get a larger view of the seating chart, click on the maximize window button on the title bar.
- Notice that the seat location, C-20 right, is displayed in the seat status box in the bottom left of the Seating chart window. A list of all valid price codes is also displayed.
Our customer wants one Adult (A) and one Teen (B) ticket.
Note: Click the Prices button to see a description of the available price codes for this performance. The Price detail window appears:
Unlimited price categories
Click the OK button to return to the Seating chart window. When you return to the Seating chart window, reselect the seats you want to sell.
Since we have two category A price codes and our customer wants an Adult ticket, we typed A = Adult and press okay. If you have only one price category, Wintix will take you to the Payment tab.
Selecting a block of seats
At some time, you might want to sell a block of seats (group sale) To do this, right click on one corner of the block then right click on the opposite corner. The program will select the seats in between. You will then select the price code to input.
Once you have selected all your seats and pressed OK. Wintix takes you to the payment tab.
Make Payment for a Sale
Use the drop down menu under pay type to select which form of payment your customer will use.
Here is how to process a credit card:
In this case, our customer will pay with a Visa card. When you select “Visa” a Process button will appear. When you click on the button the Credit card data window appears.
- NOTE: If the Process button does not appear, click here for further instructions.
Depending on how you are set up, you can choose to manually enter the card number or swipe the card.
Wintix 6 allows your customer to split payments between different payment types very simply. If the total owed is $82, and the customer wants to pay $40 by cash and $42 by check, select cash as the payment type and enter the amount. Next, click the Add payment button and select check.
The payment screen also allows you to add other items, such as donations, service charges, or merchandise.
- Click on the Finish the sale tab. A recap of the sale appears.
- Enter your first name (or initials) in the Clerk field. You now have a chance to verify that all the sale information is correct.
Note: This would be a good time to read all the sale information back to your customer, because it all appears in this window!
Select a Customer
If you haven’t already, you need to enter the customer’s name and address for this sale.
- Click on the Look up customer button. The Searching the customer table window appears.
- If you have checked Use incremental searching in the Initializations | Mailing list tab, Wintix will begin to autofill as letters are matched. If you don’t have that checked, you must click the Search by name button.
- If it is a new customer, click on the Add a new name button. The Customer information window appears:
- Enter the customer information. Notice that Wintix has automatically assigned an account number.
- When you enter the street address and press enter on your keyboard, Wintix automatically advances to the zip code field. When you enter the 4- or 9-digit zip code, Wintix suggests a city from its zip code database. If the city that appears is not the one you want, type over it.
Note: You can explore the additional tabs at this time to add to the depth of information that can easily be gathered about an individual at the point of sale. You can assign that person to mailing groups at this point, as well.
You can browse through other customer records by clicking on the navigation buttons above the Notes tab.
- When your new customer information is entered correctly, click on the OK button to close the Customer information window.
- Wintix takes you back to the Searching the customer table window. Click Use this information.
- The Finish the sale tab in the Selling a ticket window appears:
- Click on the Complete the sale button.
- The Ticket printing window appears:
- Make your choice, then you will see the Completed sale window.
- To return to the main Wintix window, click on #4. To make an additional sale with the same customer, click on #1 to keep the current customer information, etc.
Congratulations! You have completed a Regular sale!