If you are selling tickets online with Webtix, make sure your merchant services provider sets you up with an e-commerce account. Case in point, one of our Webtix full license customers changed providers and wasn’t set up with an e-commerce account.
When customers tried to buy tickets online, the transaction was denied and they received this error message:
The following errors have occurred.
(87) Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system.
When they went to Authorize.net, this is the explanation they received:
Response Reason Code: 87
Response Reason Text: Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system.
Notes: The server is not configured to process the product type derived from the market type of this transaction.
This can happen for four reasons:
1) You are attempting to process a type of transaction that your account is not designed to process. An example would be using a card swipe machine to process transactions on an e-commerce or mail order/telephone order (MOTO) account.
2) You are passing an incorrect value to the field
x_market_type. If you are using a Retail account you want to pass a value of “2”. The Implementation Guide for Card Present transactions can be found at http://www.authorize.net/support/CP_guide.pdf.
3) Your Merchant Service Provider may be incorrectly setup for this account.
4) The product type (SIC code) is incorrect for this account.