As someone famous once said, “One day your computer will not work. period.” While we hope that never happens to you, the way to best protect yourself is to back up your data every day. Period.
To do a backup, follow the procedure below.
- Go to Tools | Backup | Backup data.
- A black DOS window will appear.
- Do not close that window.
- The window will close on its own when the backup is finished.
- You will then get a message telling you the backup was successful, where it was saved, (C:\Wintix6\Output for Wintix 6, for example) and the name of the file.
- Take that file and COPY it on an external drive, like a flash drive.
- This should be done on a daily basis at the end of your work day.