First off, have you seen this post on our help desk? It explains how to exchange seats.
If you don’t give refunds and want to somehow account for the money that was over paid, enter it as a donation.
If you do an exchange for lower priced seats, the sale will be out of balance, showing that you owe the patron money back.
If you do not give refunds and want to balance the sale, you can apply the overage as a donation.
- Go to Sales | Sales records.
- Search for the sale in question, by number, name, etc.
- Click on the Tickets tab.
- Click Add or exchange seats.
- Choose the same seats on the chart, using the new, lower price category.
- Click OK.
- You will see a yellow box appear with four options.
- Choose option – 4. Add the $ as a donation to this sale.
- Click OK.
- Click on the Ticket tab and you will see the overage dollar amount is now in the donation field.
- If the sale is for a general admission show, you would simply zero out the number of tickets from the current price category line, in the Tix column and enter that number into the new, lower price category in the Tix column.
- Now click the General Information tab.
- You will see a yellow box appear with 4 options.
- Choose Option 4. Add the money as a donation to this sale.
- Now click on the Payment tab.
- You will see the overage dollar amount is now in the donation field.