Once in awhile, there is a reason to give away tickets rather than sell them. But if you are selling tickets online, there is generally a convenience or service fee associated with those sales.
For these special cases, you don’t want your patrons to have to pay that. Below are instructions on setting up a show or performance without the fee.
- Add your show and performance date.
- Add your seating chart, if a chart is being used.
- Set up one price category for zero dollars.
- Go to Internet options|Domains.
- Add INTERNET to the list of Domains.
- Check the zero dollar price category as the only price available online.
- Choose either Reservation or Comp as your payment type – making sure that no fees are associated with whatever payment type you use.
Also, make sure the Payment Type is Regular (NOT credit card) – in File|Payment types:
You can then have your patrons reserve tickets to a free show online and have their tickets available for them in the box office on show night.