Are you having trouble installing a printer driver?
Here are some troubleshooting tips because Windows may not recognize and install the driver for the device.
- Make sure the USB cable from the printer is plugged in to the USB port on the computer.
- Open your Devices and Printers window and check to see if you have a device listed under “Unspecified.”
- Right click on the ‘Unspecified Device’ and clicked ‘Troubleshoot’ (see screen shot below as an example only).
- Windows will try to detect the problems with the device.
- Windows should eventually ask you if you want to install a driver for the device.
- Click Yes, Apply this Fix.
- That should allow the printer to now be operable and ready to use.