A theater that acts a central box office sells its own tickets, as well as tickets for other private or non-profit organizations. This is a good arrangement in cases where organizations would like to share resources and may not have enough for their own box office. You can use Wintix and Webtix to accomplish this.
Here is how:
Both the central box office and the other organization will need Wintix and Webtix.
This is what the theatre serving as a Central Box Office does:
- In Wintix, set up your shows as usual, excluding the other organization’s events.
- In Wintix, under Shows | Edit a show | Internet options, continue to have Internet as your domain for Webtix online sales.
- Under the domain Internet, choose the appropriate price codes that you sell individual events.
- Under the domain Internet, choose the credit card payment type that you have added in Wintix for your online sales.
- For in person, over the phone or mail orders that request tickets for both the central box office and the other organization, bookmark your Webtix site link. Perform the sale using Webtix. This way, you will be able to add the credit information only once for the multiple events purchased. These transactions will show up in your Wintix sales. This will eliminate the need for a separate Wintix icon on your desktop as well as having to charge your patron’s credit card more than once.
This is what the other organization needs to do:
- In Wintix, set up your shows for all the organization’s events.
- In Wintix, under Shows | Edit a show | Internet options, add domain Internet as your domain for Webtix online sales. This domain will be used for all your online patrons who visit your website.