If you don’t want to change your seating plan, nor do a reservation sale to hold different seats according to the performance of your show, you can do the following in your seating chart and this will be performance specific, according to your preferences.
- Go to Show | Edit a show | Choose show | <choose performance date>.
- Then go to Edit date | Edit chart |<double click on a seat you want to hold>.
- Change the status to whatever letter you choose so you will know why it’s being held, or for whom it’s being held.
- Change the sale number from 0 to 999,999,999.
- That will make the seat show up online as sold.
- Then, if you want to sell that seat, you will need to go back into Show | Edit a show | <choose show and performance>.
- Go to Edit chart |<double click on the seat> | Click Release this seat.
Note: We do not recommend going to the Show | Edit a show | edit seating chart area of the program unless a “sold” seat has been separated from the sales record. This sometimes happens when a ticket seller escapes out of a sale without completing it or possibly your office experiences a power surge or outage. When that happens, it is necessary to go into the Edit a chart mode and release the seat. Otherwise, when editing a chart, you are actually modifying your real seating chart for that performance. If mistakes are made, this will cause serious accounting mistakes and discrepancies. This is another reason why backing up is absolutely mandatory before any changes to seating plans and seating charts are made. This will keep any major disasters from occurring.