One of our clients reported the ticket stock has become hung in the output tray of her PA printer. It appeared a ticket(s) was jammed in the cutter area.
The blades seemed to be in a somewhat locked manner due to the ticket(s) and the motor couldn’t produce enough torque to overcome the jam. This is what PA’s support team said to do:
- Remove POWER from the printer.
- Remove tickets from the printer.
- Remove the print head and look for any ticket remains on the entry side of the cutter and remove it.
- The ticket exit slot is narrow, you’ll need a pair of tweezers to remove any ticket remains on the exit side of the cutter.
- Reassemble the print head.
- Connect power and turn on power.
- On power up the printer will look to see if the cutter blades are in the home position (OPEN).
- If the blades are not, the cutter motor will turn on to move the blades into the home position (OPEN).
- If the blades are not in the home position the printer will issue a Cutter Initialization error by beeping Long-Short-Long-Long-Short.