One of our customers asked, “I have a number of records with an account number and no other info. How can I delete those records?”
- In Wintix, go to Mailing list | Customer lookup.
- Bring up the record.
- Click on the button labeled Deleted at the upper right corner of the customer record. (See screen shot below.)
- After you’ve marked each customer record you want to delete:
- Go to Mailing list | Utilities | Remove records marked for deletion.
- That will delete all customer records with the Deleted button checked.
- If there are any sales records attached to the customer, you will be prompted to merge the sales records with another customer if there is a duplication. That way, the customer record is deleted and the sales records get connected with another person.
Also: Learn how to remove duplicate records.