It might be that your internet connection is just a bit too slow to download an update to Wintix through the software.
Here are instructions on how to manually update Wintix:
- Make sure Wintix is closed on the computer you’re working on.
- Click on the link below and save the file to your computer
- Locate the file you downloaded in the above step (wintix5.zip)
- Extract all files from wintix5.zip to the following directory:
- Copy and replace (overwrite) any existing files
- Double click on the desktop shortcut for Wintix.
- Go to Help|About Wintix
- Click on Download update and follow the prompts.
NOTE: If you see a message DynaZip Unzip warning – a file already exists, do you want to overwrite it, click Yes to all. Then go back and verify the date in Help|About Wintix.
As of this posting, our current build is 01/23/2015. Depending on when you download the update, this build date may change to a more current date.
This will need to be done on all computers that are running Wintix.
- If you cannot download the wintix5.zip file, we will attach a .zip file to an email and send it to you
- We will change the extension of the file to .dld, so your email server won’t block it
- Once you get it, save the attachment, wintix5.dld, to your desktop
- Then, go to your desktop and right click on wintix5.dld
- Choose Rename from that menu
- You want to change dld to zip, so the file will then be named wintix5.zip.
- Make sure Wintix is closed
- Now, right click on wintix5.zip and choose either Explore or Open in new window
- Copy all files that are zipped into wintix5.zip (there should be four files)
- Paste all four files into the C:\Tix7 directory, overwriting the current ones
- Now open Wintix and you should have the latest update
- Please let us know if you need help with this
It’s very important to keep your Wintix updated, so if you are having trouble, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-920-1254.