- NOTE: After installing Wintix, make sure to run an update. (See instructions at the end of this post.)
- Download the Wintix5Setup.exe by saving the following file to your computer::https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmyqcosjwywcf1m/Wintix5Setup.exe?dl=0
- Download the ODBC connector for MySQL by clicking one of the following links:If your OS (Operating System) is 32bit:https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgwynnlh7wsulgs/mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.8-win32.msi?dl=0
If your OS is 64bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0y2g6hao4igtdn0/mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.8-winx64.msi?dl=0
- Run the mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.8-(win32 or win64).msi
- Choose the Typical setup
- Click Next
- Click Install
- Click Finish
- Run the Wintix5setup.exe, install it to C:\Tix7
- This will create a folder on your local C drive called Tix7
- Inside that folder is a file called SQLRDD, which is an .ini file. That is the file you will need to edit by entering in your log-in credentials which will allow you to connect Wintix to your database.
- If you double click on the file SQLRDD, it will open in Notepad.
- The information in the file will look like this:
- UID is user ID
- PWD is password
- DTB is database
- You will need to change only the following words:
- localhost – change to your server’s ip address (i.e. 179.10.21.03)
- twila – change to your own user ID
- Aone – change to your own password
- starsupport – change to your own database name
- Do not add spaces or remove characters.
- For instance:
- I want to connect to my data that is hosted on Center Stage Software’s server.
- My connection string (connstring) would look like this:
- connString=MySQL=data5.centerstageticketing.com; UID=testuser3;PWD=LAQGJ8pM;DTB=testuserdatabase
- If my data is hosted locally, on my own server, my connstring would look like this:
- Once you’ve made the changes, close the file.
- It will ask you if you want to save the changes.
- Say yes.
- Double click on the gray Wintix5 icon on your desktop and connect to your Wintix database.
Once you have installed Wintix, be sure you have the latest update (build) for Wintix.
Go to Help | About Wintix. Click on Download update and follow the prompts.
If you see a message DynaZip Unzip warning – a file already exists, do you want to overwrite it?, click Yes to all.
Again, double click on the gray Wintix5 icon on your desktop and connect to your Wintix database.